Tuesday, June 1, 2010

SPECIAL FRIENDS


Do you have one of those friends that can almost read your mind?
You're so close that she can finish your sentences, she can tell by your voice when
you're feeling blue or have had a hard day?
Is always there with uplifting encouraging words?
Knows just what to say and when to say it?
Is always on your side and doesn't care who knows it?
Well I have one of those friends!

Yesterday while cleaning my office I ran across a Christmas present my dear
friend had sent to me. I had it tucked away in a safe place while I was trying to figure
out how I wanted to preserve this giftie, In a shadow box or scrapbook page.
When I saw it I had a little laugh (which I needed at the time).

Last Christmas while talking with my friend about finances and gift buying and the
managing of the two and how to make the money stretch.
She says: So what do you want for Christmas this year besides a million dollars?
I thought for a minute or two and nothing really came to mind.
So I simply replied: Oh I don't know how about two million.
We both laughed and I never thought another thing about it.
Then about a week later my Christmas package arrived and when I opened the box
right on top of everything else she sent was.....Do you know what it was?
Yep 2 MILLION dollars!!!!!


Russel Stover chocolate bars. How she finds these things is beyond me but
she's always doing things like that for me and I love her dearly.
Thought I'd pay tribute to my bestest.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that was so sweet of you to honor your best friend that way, I bet she will be blown away.
    I love your siggy tag at the bottom of your page. I bet you made that using your graphics...
    very cute...
    hugs, and I hope your day is good...
    glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH ANNETTE!!! I love you so much. Thank you for the wonderful words. You just made my day, week and year.

    I LOVE YOU BFF!

    ReplyDelete

I do love your comments Thanks so much!