Wednesday, March 31, 2010

ME TIME



I have been hearing from doctors and mom and friends that if I don't take care of myself
I can't take care of others. I have a ill husband, 3 beautiful daughters, 2 wonderful grandbabies with
another on the way. I clean house, baby sit, cook, pray, run here and there, take calls all day, and love doing
this for them, but have just decided that tommorrow is gonna be declaired a ME day.
That's right I'm gonna take tom and do with it what Annette wants to do. Maybe lay around and read a book
maybe play a game on my pc and listen to music or even just take a nap. Might even just go for a good long
drive to clear my head and breath some fresh air. I think everyone should take a me day on whatever
day they can, tell everyone it's mom's day and just take the day off to spoil yourself.
Most times I let myself go (hair, makeup, toe nails, finger nails most things that make me feel pretty)
and just go without because there is so much other stuff to do.
I've even had my head so full of what I need to do for others that I don't think about myself and at times
even forgot to take my medications. Well you can just imagine how my doc liked that. So he turns to me
last week and says quote " and who is gonna do alllll that for your family when you're dead" end quote.
He said Annette if you don't take care of yourself you're not going to be around to do anything
for the rest of them. Well that struck me hard and i've been working on all that things he told me.
This however is just a me idea I want a day where I don't have to worry about anything
and just relax so that's what i'm gonna do tom. I'm going to enjoy my life a little.
I hope some of you will join me.....would love to hear how you spent your YOU day!
I'll be on tom night to let you know what I did with my day. And maybe can even get you a few
pictures.
hugggies till next time Annette



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I think that is a wonderful idea...your doctor is right. You can't love others if you don't first love God and then yourself. then there is energy and love to care for others.
    glenda

    ReplyDelete

I do love your comments Thanks so much!